Learning Intentions (Objectives)
1) Evaluate rational expressions for specific values.
2) Determine for which values of x a rational expression is undefined.
3) Determine the domain for a rational expression.
Rationale (Diagnostic Results)
Lack of understanding of rational numbers leads to confusion with rational expressions and their behavior.
Standards Addressed in the Lesson
- Explore (Evaluating Expressions)
- Practice (Evaluating Expressions)
- Making Connections (Division by Zero)
- Explore 2
- Explore (Domain of a Rational Expression)
- Practice (Rational Expressions)
- Making Connections