Learning Intentions (Objectives)
1. Determine the slope and \(y\)-intercept of a linear situation.
2. Write equations for linear situations.
3. Graph linear situations and interpret characteristics of the graph.
4. Calculate the slope between two points using the slope formula.
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
Lesson 2 Components
(Note: Lessons are designed to be followed in the order presented, with the goal of building conceptual understanding and skills for the topics of study.)
- Explore (Which Graph Does not Belong?)
- Try This! (Slope and \(y\)-intercept)
- Watch (Linear Equations in Context)
- Practice (Equations of Linear Situations)
- Try This! (The Coordinate System)
- Try This! (Graphs of Linear Situations)
- Practice (Graphs of Linear Situations)
- Explore (Calculating Slope)
- Try This! (Calculating Slope)
- Practice (Calculating Slope)