Learning Intentions (Objectives)
- Determine the slope and \(y\)-intercept of a linear situation.
- Write equations for linear situations.
- Graph linear situations and interpret characteristics of the graph.
- Calculate the slope between two points using the slope formula.
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
Lesson 2 Components
(Note: Lessons are designed to be followed in the order presented, with the goal of building conceptual understanding and skills for the topics of study.)
- Explore (Which Graph Does not Belong?)
- Try This! (Slope and \(y\)-intercept)
- Watch (Linear Equations in Context)
- Practice (Equations of Linear Situations)
- Try This! (The Coordinate System)
- Try This! (Graphs of Linear Situations)
- Practice (Graphs of Linear Situations)
- Explore (Calculating Slope)
- Try This! (Calculating Slope)
- Practice (Calculating Slope)