Learning Intentions (Objectives)
a) Factor polynomials with two or more terms.
b) Use the Rational Roots Theorem to factor polynomials of degree higher than two.
Rationale (Diagnostic Results)
Knowing how to factor polynomials is important for all work with rational expressions and functions, quadratics, and polynomials functions.
Standards Addressed in the Lesson
- Explore (Finding Common Divisors or Common Factors)
- Practice (Finding GCF for Monomials)
- Explore (Using GCF for Expressions)
- Watch (Factoring by Grouping)
- Explore (Ways to Factor Trinomials)
- Practice (Factor Trinomials)
- Explore (Rational Root Theorem)
- Practice (Rational Root Theorem)