Learning Intentions (Objectives)
a) Add and subtract rational expressions.
Rationale (Diagnostic Results)
You need to have flexibility with algebraic expressions. Being able to factor all types of monomials and polynomials as well as being able to find common denominators to add and subtract rational expressions, like many other skills, is key to success in higher mathematics.
Standards Addressed in the Lesson
- Explore (Factoring Trinomials)
- Watch (Factoring Trinomials)
- Practice (Adding Fractions)
- Watch (Adding Rational Expressions)
- Practice (Adding Rational Expressions)
- Making Connections