Learning Intentions (Objectives)
Students will be able to identify and write algebraic representations of vertical and horizontal shifts of quadratic functions.
Rationale (Diagnostic Results)
Students tend to confuse the horizontal and vertical shifts when examining and interpreting functions. Particularly the placement of the constant in the algebraic representation and how it relates to the graphical representation.
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
Lesson 2 Components
- Watch (Transformations and Parent Functions)
- Explore (Standard Form|Desmos)
- Making Connections (Reflect on Standard Form)
- Explore (Vertex Form|Desmos)
- Making Connections ( Standard Form and Vertex Form)
- Making Connections