Learning Intentions (Objectives)
- Students will understand situations that can be represented by a linear equation in one variable.
- Students will write a linear inequality from a graph.
- Students will verify and graph a solution on the number-line.
- Students will translate between the representations (rules, graph and situation).
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
California Common Core Standards for Mathematics
Components of Lesson 2
- Explore (Values on a Number Line)
- Explore (Inequalities)
- Practice (Solving Inequalities)
- Try This! (Absolute Value Inequalities)
- Practice (Mixed Review)
- Watch (Mixed Practice Solving Inequalities)