Learning Intentions (Objectives)
- Write equations in slope-intercept form.
- Graph lines from equations in slope-intercept form.
- Determine the slopes of lines that are increasing, decreasing, constant, and undefined.
- Identify lines that have slopes that are increasing, decreasing, constant, and undefined.
- Write an equation of the line between two points in slope-intercept form.
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
Lesson 3 Components
(Note: Lessons are designed to be followed in the order presented, with the goal of building conceptual understanding and skills for the topics of study.)
- Explore (A Linear Situation)
- Try This! (Tables and Graphs)
- Explore (Slanting Lines)
- Explore (Horizontal Lines)
- Explore (Vertical Lines)
- Making Connections (Slope Directions)
- Practice (Graphing Lines)
- Making Connections (Increase or Decrease)
- Practice (Increasing or Decreasing)