Learning Intentions (Objectives)
- Create models to represent operations of addition and subtraction with fractions.
- Apply knowledge of operations with fractions to real world and mathematical problems.
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
Lesson 1 Components
(Note: Lessons are designed to be followed in the order presented, with the goal of building conceptual understanding and skills for the topics of study.)
- Explore (Computation on a Number Line)
- Watch (Equivalent Fractions)
- Try This! (Equivalent Fractions)
- Try This! (Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Number Lines)
- Practice (Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Number Lines)
- Making Connections
- Practice (Lesson 1)