Learning Intentions (Objectives)
1) Use use test points to check for possible solutions.
2) Use factor tables to organize solutions to rational inequalities.
3) Solve radical inequalities.
4) Use interval notation to represent solutions.
Rationale (Diagnostic Results)
Now that you have the basic understanding of simplifying rational expressions and solving rational equations. In this lesson, you will be introduced to interval notation and learn to test possible solutions. These skills will be useful for all types of functions.
Standards Addressed in the Lesson
- Try This! (Solve Rational Equations)
- Explore (Solution Sets)
- Watch (Solving Rational Inequalities)
- Practice (Solving Rational Inequalities)