Learning Intentions (Objectives)
Students use the rules of exponents to convert between radical form and rational exponential form, to simplify expressions, and to solve equations involving variable exponents.
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
Lesson 4 Components
Note : Lessons are designed to be followed in the order presented, with the goal of building conceptual understanding and skills for the topics of study.
- Explore (Doubling)
- Try This! (Matching)
- Watch (Roots as Exponents)
- Try This! (Simplify Roots)
- Making Connections (Evaluating Exponential Expressions)
- Watch (Evaluating Radical Exponents)
- Try This! (Evaluating Radical Exponents)
- Try This! (Simplify Radical Expressions)
- Try This! (Solving Equations with Powers of 3)
- Watch (Solving Same-Base Equations)
- Making Connections