Learning Intentions (Objectives)
Students will apply and extend your work with linear systems of equalities and inequalities and connect with geometric concepts.
- write systems of inequalities to identify shapes in the coordinate plane.
- calculate area and perimeter of shapes identified either graphically, coordinates of vertices, or systems of equations and/or inequalities.
- use the Pythagorean Theorem to calculate distances between vertices.
- use the relationships of slopes to identify and construct pairs parallel or perpendicular lines.
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Explore (Triangles on the Coordinate Plane)
- Explore (Perpendicular Lines)
- Explore (Create a Triangle)
- Making Connections