Learning Intentions (Objectives)
- Explore the nature of equations and solving equations.
- Recognize and determine when an equation has a solution, infinitely many solutions or no solution.
- Solve equations, literal equations, and absolute value equations.
- Use equations to solve problems.
Standards Addressed in this Lesson
Lesson 1 Components
(Note: Lessons are designed to be followed in the order presented, with the goal of building conceptual understanding and skills for the topics of study.)
- Explore (Nature of Solutions)
- Try This! (Solving Equations)
- Watch (Literal Equations)
- Practice (Literal Equations)
- Explore (Absolute Value)
- Try This! (Absolute Value)
- Practice (Solving Absolute Value Equations)