Learning Intentions (Objectives)
1) Compare and contrast rational numbers and rational expressions.
2) Simplify rational expressions.
Rationale (Diagnostic Results)
Lack of understanding of rational numbers leads to confusion with rational expressions and their behaviors.
Standards Addressed in the Lesson
- Explore (Rational Numbers)
- Watch (Rational Numbers and Rational Expressions
- Try This!(Rational Expressions)
- Try This! (Prime Factorization)
- Explore 2(Simplifying Rational Expressions)
- Practice (Simplifying Rational Expressions)
- Making Connections (Rational Expressions)