Learning Intentions (Objectives)
Working with multiple representations you will analyze linear systems including:
- Apply and extend knowledge of linear relations to linear systems.
- Analyze a scenario given a graph or table of a linear system, then estimate the solution.
- Write a linear system based on a scenario, graph, and/or table. Solve the system by substitution.
- Understand that a system of two linear equations may have no, one, or infinite solutions.
Rationale (Diagnostic Results)
Students often have difficulty interpreting a system of equations or inequalities and understanding and identifying its solution.
Standards Address in this Lesson
- Explore (System of Equations)
- Explore (System of Equations Part 2)
- Explore (Setting up and Solving Systems)
- Watch (System of Equations in Context)
- Explore (A System’s Solution)
- Watch (Solve a System Graphically)
- Try This! (Solving a System)
- Making Connections
- Practice (Systems using tables, graphs or equations)