Right Triangle Ideas to Consider
For this problem, you need to find two lines who intersect \(y=2x-6\) and intersect each other at \((1,4)\) in such a way that two of the lines are perpendicular. If you are struggling to get started, try graphing the givens.
You are encouraged to
- identify all three vertices,
- prove that two of the lines are perpendicular.
- use the pythagorean theorem as necessary to find the height, lengths of sides, perimeter, and area.
- use systems of inequalities to identify the triangle and its area.
- give both algebraic and graphic explanations.