Special Right Triangles
Apply the theorems now to solve the following problems. Note that figures are not drawn to scale.
- What is the measure of the other 2 sides in this triangle?
- Find the height of the tree.
- Find the missing sides in the triangle.
- Suzie sees a plane at 10,000 feet above sea level headed straight for her boat at a 30 degree angle of depression. What is the horizontal distance between her and the plane? And how much further does the plane have to travel before it hits her boat?
- Find all of the unknowns in this figure using special right triangles.